requested recipes...and the March project!
It's the beginning of a new month! The MOST wonderful month! My BIRTHDAY month! It's gonna be a good one, I can just feel it. This is a perfect month to keep on swimming along with the Happiness Project. So this month I've decided to GET CRAFTY! I want to create things. Pretty, homemade, refurbished, edible, silly, EVERYTHING! It's a good month for this one too because I am designing floral arrangements for an entire wedding party THIS weekend! So, excited to get my hands and home FULL of flowers! Also, the blushing bride requested I join her wedding party so I get to dress up purty and dance the night away. Pretty sure it's gonna be sweet!
Anyway, I'm on the look out for simple, fun craft projects if ya have any ideas!
Also, here are the recipes requested by my girls... (and their hubbys)
Trust me friends, you will not be disappointed in these recipes!
Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
1/2 C shredded Asiago cheese
1/4 C seasoned bread crumbs (i used Italian flavor)
- Flatten chicken to 1/4 in. thickness; sprinkle w/salt and pepper. Top each breast w/ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with tooth picks. ( i used broken skewers...it was all i had)
-Transfer to baking dish coated w/cooking spray. Sprinkle w/bread crumbs. Bake uncovered at 350 for 35-45 minutes! Voila...super easy, super yummy!
Crab Stuffed Manicotti
4 uncooked manicotti shells
1 TB butter
4 tsp all purp flour
1 C fat free milk
1 TB Parmesan cheese
2 pouches (3 or so oz.)crab meat drained
1/3 C ricotta cheese
1/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
Minced fresh parsley
-Boil manicotti. In small saucepan melt butter.Stir in flour till smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to boil; cook and stir 2 min. or until thickened. remove from heat and add parm cheese.
-Combine crab, ricotta and mozz, lemon pepper and garlic powder. Drain manicotti; stuff with crab mixture (you gotta tear open the pasta to stuff...don't worry you wont be able to tell once its baked!)
- Spread 1/4 C sauce into 8 in. baking dish coated w/ cooking spray. Top w/stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining sauce on top.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 25-30 min. Sprinkle w/ parsley! Enjoy!
This recipe was passed to me by Mary Ann and I am sure she won't mind sharing the secret!
1 pack romaine hearts
2 1/2 lb chuck roast
2 C cooked rice
1/2 C brown sugar (i use a whole cup cuz i like it a little sweeter)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 TB minced garlic
1/3 C sesame oil
1/3 C soy sauce
1/3 C sprite
1 large red onion
1 pack shredded carrots
-Slice the meat into thin short strips (1-2 in. wide, 4-5 in. long specifics aren't super important)
To make marinade:
- Combine brown sugar, black pepper, garlic, sesame oil, soy and sprite.
- Let the meat marinate for 24 hours covered in a bowl in your frig.
- Saute over med-hi heat till meat is cooked thru then add in the carrots and onions. Continue to simmer till veggies are tender.
- Fill your rinsed romaine heart with rice, meat and veggeis and devour!
Happy Cooking... and even happier eating!
Posted by Mrs. Blimes