6/5/12

the night we got the new tv.


I may be dying of homework. Is that a thing? I'm pretty sure that's a thing. I'm also pretty sure my Associates Degree was cake compared to the major undergrad coursework I've gotten myself into now. It is WORK I tell ya. But it is SO interesting. I LOVE the material  I get to read and the projects I've been working on. Just last week I diagrammed my family tree back three generations including symbolic representations of relationship conflict, addiction, mental disorders, ALL the good stuff. Oh yes, this Family and Child Science stuff is right up my alley. I am all up in everyone's business and I LIKE it.


Give me your tired, your poor, 
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free, 
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, 
Send these, the homeless, tempest tossed,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Too much? Nah.
 Lady Liberty can do no wrong.


Also, 5:30 am and I have become friends. Believe that EB!!! You have inspired me. It is so much easier to run 3 miles at the beginning of the day than it is at 8pm, after  wrangling screaming demons   snuggling sweet little angel children all day.

Drew is signing us up for a 5K soon. And I have heard mention of a 10K in the future. Lord help me. It feels so good to move my body though. Exercise is truly a natural mood lifter.

Right now I should definitely NOT be blogging. I should be studying. Drew just asked what I was working on. BUSTED. He likes it when I blog though. I like it too. I can't believe how much of this wonderful year I missed out on documenting here. You all barely know the unbelievable cuteness that is sweet sweet Baby Brother. And Miles has become this amazing, capable, independent creature with a vocabulary that constantly surprises me and a heart so tender it literally brings me to tears. (Note to self: Blog about the time you screamed at him while painting the bathroom door.)

There is so much to be grateful for around here. Most of all, a husband that loves me in all the best ways. He was absolutely made for me. It's overwhelming sometimes how completely and unabashedly he loves me but I live for it.  I need it. It feeds me. 

Thankful thankful thankful.

                                                                               M

A million years ago and I still feel like this when you hold me.

2 comments:

The Hargretts said...

1. You amaze me at raising two adorable boys and running a daycare all while taking undergrad classes. And yes... homework can ALMOST kill you but don't let it you're doing awesome!

2. Running/ working out in the morning is SO the way to go. That's what I do and even though around 2p.m. I want to crash and take a nap it's all good because it means I don't have to go work out later in the day.

3. I love when you blog =)

Kristin said...

A blog from sweet M just made my whole weekend :-). Glad you are well! Hang in there...you're doing great!