2/8/11

prego update and pretty pictures.

Here's a peek from a recent shoot with the lovely Georgia Dietz Photography!


 In LOVE with this!


Georgia is based in JAX but she is in Tallahassee often for shoots, so hit her up and while you're at it "like" her facebook page already!

Ok, onto the prego updates...

Yesterday at my doctors appointment my mid-wife told me to try to stay off of my feet as much as possible. Lie on my side and keep my feet propped up. Take lots of long baths and go swimming.

Bahahahahahhaha! 

Yeah riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 

How does anyone with a toddler (let alone a home day care) "stay off their feet?" Apparently I have some gnarly  distended veins that could become blood clots or something like that and the weight of baby and all the extra blood and everything aggravates the condition. Ever heard of this? I noticed them a month or so ago. They don't hurt, I didn't even notice that they were spreading until the mid-wife told me. A little scary, yes but what the heck? I have to keep on keeping on over here. Gotta bring home that bacon so my two beans have a roof over their cute little heads!
 Even if I wasn't working I still have Miles to chase after. In fact I'd probably have to chase him MORE if his friends weren't here to help entertain him! So... I suppose I'll just try to stay off my feet as much as possible after work hours and during naps. Although I have no idea how my casa is supposed to stay clean... Hmmmm. Don't worry!The mid-wife didn't act like she feared for my life or baby brother's health. She just said if I have any pain to call immediately.

I was thinking  about it though and really I am on my feet ALL DAY. It doesn't bother me, that's just the way it is when you have a toddler. (Especially one as active as Miles) By the time he's settled down for the night it's time to clean up after dinner and prep the house for the next day... Motherhood is a lot of work. Worth it for sure but still a lot of work.

Anyone out there ever been put on bed rest when they already had a child to care for? How the heck did you handle the situation?

M

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You should get some support hose... they are ugly, but they will help prevent the veins and the bloodclots. You can get them at Helens or G-willies uniform shop.... it will be worth it... your legs will feel better at the end of the day as well!

Julie said...

I have been a bum this whole pregnancy and then was put on bed rest just over 2 weeks ago. And Miles and Jacob are about the same age. As bad as it sounds (and it is only for a limited time) I let Jacob watch lots of TV and movies while I lay on the couch. I haven't cleaned my house for quite a while either. Justin was trying to keep up with the house cleaning, but being gone from the house for 12 hours a day working made it really hard on him. We are really lucky because Justin's dad gave us the gift of cleaning ladies for the next 2 months.

But seriously - you don't want to develop a blood clot. You should tell your visiting teachers or compassionate service person that you need help cleaning your house. And it is only for a few more weeks - once Miles is in bed you need to be down and off your feet. All the dinner clean-up and next day prep is going to have to fall on Drew for a while. It stinks and might make you feel like you aren't doing your fair share (believe me, I know) - but right now the most important thing is you and the baby.

Good luck!

Jessica said...

Love the pic of Miles in mid-air! Michelle is so talented - how lucky she caught him right when he was looking at the camera!