2/25/11

free your mind and the rest will follow.



At the beginning of our marriage, during one of my particularly dark ocd times, when Drew was taking me to work with him so I wouldn't have to be alone and we could still have some sort of income, (thank God for his wonderful wonderful boss back then) I found this quote pinned up above the desk of one of his co-workers.

It spoke to me then, though I didn't really understand why. I had him make me a copy anyway.  Now, when I read it it makes more sense than most things in my life. So, because it may help you sometime, somewhere along your way, and so I can have it documented somewhere other than just magneted to my fridge I'm sharing it today.

It's a tad long for a blog post but worth a read.

as order to chaos
one witnesses' change.
remember...
even
Gratitude
lives through hurricanes.

***

Each situation in your life exists for your spiritual growth and evolution and when you are ready to acknowledge the wisdom with which you organize the scenarios of your life, you will learn to love each situation. Then you can become aware of its lessons, know and learn them and love them free.

Once you learn to love the experience, it has fulfilled its mission in your life and can depart from you. But as long as you continue to hate, judge, resent, run away from or ignore it, it will exist and even intensify as it mirrors everything you dislike about it. Is it good or bad, right or wrong, beneficial or harmful, short term or permanent- all of these are judgments that will only result in the continuation of the circumstance.

Instead, ask your Self 'what do I need to learn from this' and you will take the first step on the path to freedom. Each difficult experience that you have is a mirror of a fear in your life- discover the fear and the reason for its existence and it has no power over you and then ceases to exist unless you allow it to. The more dire the situation, the greater your need to learn and appreciate its lesson and heal that aspect of your belief system.

Once you acknowledge that you created the reality, it loses its power because it is the paradigm that you built, not the result of someone else's actions against you. Then you can love it free and move on to create other realities that are more peaceful, joyful and fulfilling. No matter what the circumstance, if you can learn to love it, you can free yourself from it and move forward on your journey.

Hope you have a great weekend!

M

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow. I totally needed that today. Thanks, M!

Kristin said...

Hmmm...this is good. Very good. I need to mull it over some more. Happy weekend M!

Anonymous said...

So true.
Love your photo at the top too, motherhood looks so good on you! :)
Have a great weekend!

Renee said...

You are so pretty! And I totally agree with you!

White Folk said...

Wow M. Great post.

Unknown said...

Very deep--thanks for sharing!

Also, your pictures look so amazing! I know I've said it before but. Dang.

Lindy said...

Also, I mean to be signed in to this account...whoops.

kellycynthia42 said...

So I don't know if this is lame or something but I look up to you. Like when you write it's just amazing, I wish I could write like you do and your beautiful and you and drew are just so cute together and you are just there for me when I need to talk to you about my ocd so thankyou for that. I'm still kind of trying to figure out blogger lol wish me luck! :)