2/10/11

day 5. a favorite memory.

(December 26, 2008) 

 While I don't remember very much from the actual labor and delivery of Miles I do remember the night before very well. I remember Drew giving me a blessing. He blessed me to have a safe, and swift delivery. Both granted. He blessed me to have an abundance of love for the child which we would soon meet.
 Granted.

(Pretty sure we're discussing my many chins here.)

I remember him lying in the hospital bed with me all night long. Cuddling, massaging, comforting. I remember him making me and everyone else in the room laugh all through the induction process. He has truly perfected the art of calming me with his sense of humor. I remember being so so so glad I chose him. And he chose me. And that we were blessed to create life together.

So for my favorite memory I choose the night before Miles was born. It was sacred and special and brought me closer to the one person I didn't believe it possible to become any closer to. And it ended with Miles! What better memory to share?

(The day our lives changed forever for the better.) 

M

3 comments:

freya said...

i love this marquesas.

such a sweet story.

this might sound silly, but it's amazing to me how even as a little newby, you can tell that that's miles!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Oh my. So much sweetness in one post.

What a beautiful family you have! I am a new follower and can't wait to read more!! :)

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Love it!

I love hearing birth stories and seeing those first pics as a family :-)

32 weeks???? YOU look amazing!!!!