3/8/10

sunday nap.


Sunday, after a long, busy wedding weekend (flowers turned out great btw, pics soon!) and another epic struggle to keep Miles off of the stand with the Bishop at church we came home (early from church) to a horribly messy house.

I knew it was going to look this way, I had tried to prep myself on the way home from church so I wouldn't get cranky. (I HATE coming home to a mess. Pretty sure I get this trait from my mama) Ok, I'll just ignore it I thought, and went about putting little Mr. Screamy-Pants down for his nap.

Yeah, ignoring it didn't work. See, we believe that Sunday is a day of rest. We even try not to shop on Sunday. Just relax and be together as a family, think of heavenly things and get a fresh perspective for the coming week ahead. So , obviously performing a deep clean on this bio-hazard zone was not something I felt good about doing on the Lord's day.

But see, I can't relax in a house that's falling apart all around me.

So, I huffed.

And I puffed.


And I cleaned in an crazed frenzy trying to get it done as fast as I could.

Wanna know a secret? Sometimes I can be pretty whiny when things aren't going my way.

Finally after stomping back into the living room from sweeping the bathroom I cried to Drew "Great. Now the brooms all wet. I cant sweep this hole with a wet freakin broom!"

He stopped folding the laundry, walked over, took the broom from me, picked me up and carried me to the bed.

Then put me down for a nap.

Ha!

"You're trying to get rid of me!" I said. "No," he said. "I just want you to be happy."

Then he cleaned while I slept.

Wow.

I love you Boob.

M

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That's one great man you have there :) Kind of funny that after you put your little cranky pants to bed, Drew then put his little cranky pants to bed hee hee!

Jenn said...

I am the same way...except my house gets worse than yours:P...And there would be no cleaning going on while I was asleep!

But honestly, I have never seen your house a mess...