6/2/09

tuesday.




Today was one of those accidentally wonderful ones. You know, the kind when you ditch your 5:30am wake up call and instead open your eyes an hour later and see the most beautiful creature you've ever laid eyes on nuzzling your elbow pit.

Miles and I called in sick today and spent most of our morning in bed sleeping, then nursing, sleeping some more and nursing again. I knew it was going to be a good day. The good ones always start out with the same feeling.

I often wonder what the life of a true stay at home mother must be like. I can only imagine it to be wonderful. Filled with make believe and adventures, kisses, hugs and magic. I know how lucky I am to be able to bring Miles with me to work. I am blessed beyond what I deserve. But some days (well, most days) I wish I could be like so many of my wonderful friends and fellow bloggers and just be home with my baby all day everyday. My mind clung to many thoughts like that today while I rocked Miles and read him stories and helped him practice sitting and laughing.

I honestly enjoy domesticity. I love cooking, cleaning and taking care of my husband and child. I love that part at the end of the day when I know Drew will be home soon and I'll get to be part of the happy reunion he and Miles share everyday. I like having the house all clean and smelling nice so that when he walks through the door he feels peace and calm. I probably sound like a total stepford wife... I've just been having lots of thoughts today. Hence me sitting here at 11:39 at night with insomnia...had to get some of these thoughts out.

Things will soon be changing again around here and I am waiting to see what Heavenly Father has up his sleeve. I know He has a plan. I know he does. I just wish I knew what it was.

Goodnight all, it's time to put this wonderful day (and hopefully these weary thoughts)to rest...for now.

M


All the pictures on this post are from our trip to NC. It was an amazing get away and we can't wait to get back there!



Yet another classic family portrait.





You gotta double click this one and really take in Miles' expression. (so adorable)




The most breath taking view.




And some of the most beautiful souls I've ever met.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I love your positive outlook on life and motherhood. Like the artist that you are, you see beauty in the small and simple moments in life. . .

Kim said...

love this post! It is wonderful to recognize the simple, sweet goodness in life:)

And thank you so much for the sweet comment you made on my last post. I really appreciate it:)