8/23/12

birthday boy.


Happy Birthday!

 You are my hero, my champion, my best friend. I love you the way you talk with me. The way you listen to me. I love it when I am taking a bath and you sit on the sink while we dissect our day down to the last mundane detail. I love driving with you, listening to music with you. Getting fired up and ready to change the world with you. Then eating ice cream instead.  I love cooking and baking for you. I love that you are honest. I know I can really believe you when you give a compliment. That's nice.



I love that you always smell good. Walking into our bedroom hours after you've left for work and catching the scent of your cologne always makes me smile. I love that we miss each other when we aren't together. That we never make plans without discussing them with each other first. I love that I always want to be around you. 



I love that so often our home feels like a never ending sleep over with my best friends. That is pretty much all anyone could ask for. Maybe a little more actual sleep at the sleep over. Yeah, that'd be nice. But that's another story for another day. Today is YOUR day. My man. My 31 year old birthday guy.

I am so crazy about you. I love that I count the hours til you come home each day. Things are just better when you're around. Where would I be without you here to make me laugh? You are so good at that. Who would fix the garbage disposal when I've stuck something unsavory down it for the umpteenth time? Who would keep me apprised of the state of our economy in terms I can actually understand? Who would I dream with?  Pray with? Practice hand stands with?



I love the way you love our babies. They are insane about you. I can't wait for them to grow up and be just like you. 


As time passes I am more and more convinced that there is no one in this world quite like you. There is absolutely no one I'd rather spend my life with. Thank you for being you. I hope your birthday is a blast baby!

Love,
Bagel


No comments: