6/13/11

monday.

 (Does Jazz look more like Daddy or do I?)


(Big Daddy and The April Fool)

We are back from an adventurous weekend with family. The boys and I traveled to GA with Big Daddy and Mimi to visit my sister and her youngins. Whenever I spend any amount of time in Georgia I find myself reverting back into a southern drawl... It's cute on some but not on me. I just can't make it work, as they say.

(The Handy Man and his wife in front of their sweet tile work.)

Miles and Oliver had a wonderful time! Miles loved "the cousins" as he now calls them, and wants to "go on a trip again" soon. Oliver was so happy the entire weekend being snuggled by his Mimi and his Auntie Jazz. Even his Big Daddy couldn't resist his baby charms and Oliver was giving the smiles freely. Such adorable children I have.

(Mimi and her baby. Pretty sure he loves her more than me!)

I laughed a lot this weekend and was able to get in some much needed relaxing. The 5 hour car rides seemed to fly by and the boys were pretty much happy throughout. Thank goodness for that. On the trip home I began The Hunger Games again. I wasn't 2 chapters in before I regretted it. I looooove the book but it is almost painful to read. Especially knowing the ending now. I am devouring it again though and had to tear myself away to post this blog. 


(My oldest friend)

Anywho, I am so grateful I had the opportunity to travel with my dad this weekend. It has been so long since we traveled together and I didn't realize how much I missed it. His fiance Sheree is such a hoot to be with too. She has hilarious tales that kept me smiling. It was so nice to watch the two of them interact together. They are so natural and at ease with one another. Very sweet. Very much made for each other. That makes me happy.

(The gang. Minus Cob, he was shooting the pic.)

Hope your weekend was full of smiles as well!
M

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Yay for Jacob being home! Everyone looks great!

I'm finishing up The Hunger Games again too. So good. They better not F up the movie!

The Hargretts said...

Hurrayy!!! A blog post... I have been waiting for one of your posts for awhile. But I understand you're a very busy mommy which is a good thing.

I'm happy to see you had a great weekend! I know how you feel about your dad and his fiance. Now my dad is married but when he was dating his now wife it was awesome so see how well they got along and still do today. It's great to see your parents happy... especially when you yourself is so happy! You know what I mean? =)

Jessica said...

Glad you had a nice time! Jazz looks great and her family is adorable :) And of course she looks more like your dad because you're a carbon copy of your mom! Glad to see a new post!

Tonya Driggers said...

Marquesas, you and your sister are BOTH BEAUTIFUL - while she looks like your daddy - you look like your beautiful mama!! Great genes on both side!! :-)

Unknown said...

What a fun trip! I'd love to hear that southern drawl you've got sometime :)

Kristin said...

What a fun summer road trip! So glad you had lots of R&R time with the fam!