11/6/10

day 1.



So during fashion week I stumbled upon this adorable gal participating in an intriguing blog/journaling project. It's basically a list of 30 questions and you tackle one each day... I probably won't be so strict as too answer one everyday but I find it interesting nonetheless. Join me won't you? 


Anyway, here's the list. I figure I'll take my time and work thru it. Maybe learn a few things about myself along the way...


Day 1. Something you hate about yourself.




Hmmm well, anyone that's read my blog for more than a day would be able to answer this one. I hate that I have OCD. It is hard and ugly. But it's a part of me and I know that Heavenly Father placed it in my life for a reason. There have been times when this beast has broken me to the point of starting from scratch to rebuild myself. Times when daylight seemed too far away to even exist. But with the pain has also come clarity, compassion for others, unbreakable bonds with those who see me thru and the understanding that no one is without trial and pain. No one. 


I'm no where near the part where I can say that I am thankful for my OCD but I can  at least talk about it and on occasion even laugh about it and to me that's a big deal.


So there ya go, my Day 1. I hope you copy the list and play along. I'd love to get to know you better.


Feel like hearing more back story on my OCD demons? Read on here and here.


M


Here's the list if you wanna play along!


Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.
Day 2: Something you love about yourself.
Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for. 
Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for. 
Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life. 
Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do. 
Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living for. 
Day 8: Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like poopy. 
Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted. 
Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know. 
Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on. 
Day 12: Something you never get compliments on. 
Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough days. (write a letter.) 
Day 14: A hero that has let you down. (letter) 
Day 15: Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it. 
Day 16: Someone or something you definitely could live without. 
Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something. 
Day 18: Your views on gay marriage. 
Day 19: What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics? 
Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol. 
Day 21: (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do? 
Day 22: Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life. 
Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life. 
Day 24: Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter) 
Day 25: The reason you believe you’re still alive today. 
Day 26: Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why? 
Day 27: What’s the best thing going for you right now? 
Day 28: What if you were pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29: Something you hope to change about yourself. And why. 
Day 30: A letter to yourself: tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

"it's a part of me and I know that Heavenly Father placed it in my life for a reason."

I needed to hear that today. Thank you!

Lindy said...

Well technically, read that today.

freya said...

thanks for sharing m, i'm excited to get to know you better. we've been bloggin buddies forever but somehow i missed those posts. you're amazing.