Wow. 300 posts. Do you feel like you know me? The real me? There have definitely been times when I shared more than I ever thought I would around here. But it's good. So good. I think my old therapist would be proud to see how far I've come and how unafraid I am of life in general these days. (Missy, where ever you are now, I love you and think grateful thoughts of you often.)
How should we celebrate this ever so momentous occasion???
How about by getting to know me a even better. Whats a blog for if you can't talk about yourself every now and then right???
1. I LOVE to play softball. It feels so good to get out on the field, give it my all and get really dirty from diving, sliding and racing around bases. Ah, can't wait till next weeks game.
2. I used to be really bad about holding grudges. Well, not so much holding grudges as not mending arguments. I would just avoid whoever I was conflicting with at all costs. Sad. I am better now. Now I am an obsessive fixer. I won't waste another minute of my life missing out on important relationships.
3. I am a creature of habit. I love to eat cereal every morning for breakfast, PB&J or soup for lunch, and fish for dinner. I would do this every day if Drew didn't claim I was trying to slowly kill him with what he calls "fish overload."
4. I cry kind of alot. I never used to cry. Then I met Drew and my whole world changed. I finally felt something genuine and it was so powerful it made me cry. And I never stopped. I had to choke back about 4 rounds of tears just this morning in Relief Society. (Thank you for a beautiful lesson Lindsey.)
5. I love music. Dashboard Confessional, Death Cab for Cutie, Incubus, Sister Hazel, Better Than Ezra, Ingrid Michelson, Paramore (yes, even a little 311 Ok hunnie!?!)... I could go on and on. I want to see Paramore in concert so bad I could die.
6. I want my husband to find his dream job. Some place he can be happy at work. Some place he can make enough for a more comfy, savings filled life for us. It might be a selfish wish but I want to be able to quit my job and be here with just my baby all day every day.
7. I LOVE meeting new people but I'm still afraid of rejection. I guess it'll take a while to grow out of that one.
8. I adore fashion. But not in the typical, pore over In-Style and Vogue way. What I consider fashionable seems to be a far cry from the way the world sees it. But I'm okay with that. I like to be different. I think I get that from my mama.
9. I love the South. It is friendly and warm. I love the way fall feels here. Still warm enough to breath outside but chilled enough to wear boots. (Now, if only fall would hurry and arrive.)
10. I am so happy to be a mother. It is truly the best thing I have ever done.
11. I have lots of secrets. (Just like we all do) But there is one person who knows them all. And he is a really good secret keeper.
12. I totally subscribe to the notion that the wife is responsible for the household chores. I'm pretty old fashioned that way. But I definitely won't turn down help if offered!
13. I am tired now and want to take a nap.
Happy Sunday, and Happy 300th post day!!!