6/9/10

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.


It hit me last night while I was tending the nursery at church that my baby will grow up. I was playing Monkey-in-the Middle with some older kids and having so much fun when I was just absolutely overcome with this sad, somber realization. I mean, I already knew it and i think about how fast he's growing all the time but last night I felt especially tender on the issue.

It seems like Miles is ALWAYS in such a cute stage. He changes so much everyday; learning new things, saying new words, experiencing first after first. I love watching him discover the world and being there to witness his reactions to everything. There are so many things I adore about my tiny guy.

-I love how he always smells like cinnamon from his morning oatmeal.

-I love the way he smiles when he's being mischievous.

-I love that he's discovered how to give me raspberries and he finds it hilarious!

-I love how he begs to be "wocked" before bed to delay the inevitable night night time.

-I love how fascinated he is with bugs.

-I love his solo dimple.

-I love how snuggly he is just after his bath.

-I love that he loves to run around naked.

-I love the way he says crazy, "Kazy!"

-I love that he loves me and even though he can't say it yet he shows me in so many ways it's true.

I know one day he will be too big to sit on my lap and have me "wok" him to sleep. He won't think I'm funny just because I make a silly face or dance around the room like a mad woman. I'll just be an ATM and a ride to the mall. But for now he's mine to hold. To snuggle. To kiss and hug every chance I get.




I love you baby boy,

Mama


7 comments:

Jenn said...

You are killing me and cry-at-the-drop-of-a-hat post-pregnancy self. Boo hoo.

Kayla said...

So sweet and amazing. Also those eyes... he's gonna be a lady killer.
Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

PB&J said...

Sniff, sniff...no, say it isn't so, they can't grow up! I guess all I can do is enjoy each stage as much as possible. (But it still makes me cry)

Kristin said...

So sweet! That last pic is such a keeper! Happy Wednesday M :-)

MA said...

ah mama quesas! sweet post. miles is just so adorable. i love his cute little grin/smile!

Michelle said...

Aaaaw, but so true. MY baby turns twelve on Friday and will start going to Young Women's on Sunday. She LOVED to be "woked" especially when trying to avoid bedtime. I can still hear her little voice saying, "wok me adin, Mommy."

Megan Marie said...

So sweet. LOVE the first photo. It goes way too fast.