4/12/10

three months sober.


Thanks for voting! And while those of you who guessed gossiping and talking with my mouth full are correct in a way... I do have those horrible habits but I have yet to conquer them... As far as the swearing goes, eh I tried that for a couple months, just wasn't me. Swear words sound absolutely ridiculous coming outta my mouth! (not to mention they're not very lady-like ) So, without further adieu...

The correct answer is...

Thumb Sucker. I was a 26 year old thumb sucker! Ha! I can not even believe I just typed that! I'm just letting it all hang out for you guys! But hey, I conquered it over 3 months ago so YAY for me!

I tried so many times before to quit but like any bad habit the thumb called to me.
When I was stressed. Tired. Hungry. Just before bed. On long car rides. On short car rides. It was bad. And its not like cigarettes or alcohol. You can't just throw away your thumb. It's attached! Not that I'm justifying my childish behavior or down playing how extremely hard it is to quit smoking or drinking! But seriously, this was my Everest!

The worst was trying to go to sleep at night. Man I nearly went crazy with insomnia. It took about 6 weeks before I could go an entire day w/no "cravings."

Wow! I'm a mess. But hey, it's over now and I'm never going back. I really don't want Miles to be embarrassed of his thumb sucking mama. I'm sure he'll find plenty other reasons to be ashamed of me! (please god not mom jeans. never mom jeans.)

So there ya have it. My big secret. Well, one of them. ( A girl's gotta have a few secrets right?) I think that's quite enough for today.

M

Oh! Check back tomorrow and take a gander at what we turned this beat up old ladder into!!!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Wade made me throw away my teddy bear when I had Anna. He didn't want his children to be embarrassed by their mama's needing to sleep with a teddy bear. Now I sleep with a throw pillow and I really see no difference. Congrats on kicking the thumb!

Jessica said...

I'm SO proud of you Marquesas! I cannot believe you finally gave it up! Congratulations girl :)

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Wow, so proud.

Blair McLeod said...

can't wait to see what the ladder turns into!

I’d love for you to stop by: www.wild-and-precious.com

Unknown said...

hahaha!! I remember you sucking your thumb on the way home from girls camp! LOL!! Good job!!! I guess when I have a kid I will have to throw away my blankie! :(

Jessica said...

Hey! I got a really awesome headband from you today! Thanks! And yeah we're down for the concert when is it? You guys could even stay with us if you want to save a little money? Let me know!

Jennifer said...

all grown up...and so photogenic :)!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely remember you sucking your thumb back in the day! Wow, congrats girlie! :)

~Lindsay Hale Thompson