6/18/09

Three Down!!!

This week I (Drew) am filling in for Marquesas on our weekly P90X update. It's 8:36 pm right now and we still have to do an hour and a half of yoga before bed. So, while she's feeding our tiny Meester, I'm blogging about our P90X experience. This week went pretty well. As some of you have already read, Marquesas cranked out 60 pull ups during our second back workout of the week. (She had 55 pounds of assistance, but that's still pretty sweet.) She is also tearing up the ab workout, during which I generally spend a large amount of time laying on the floor moaning in agony. In 15 minutes you do 349 sit ups/v ups/leg scissors/other ab moves. And Bagel can pretty much rock the whole thing. Anyway, here's our numbers for the week:

Bagel

Starting weight: 125.4
After week 3: 124.6

This weeks loss: 0.8 pounds

Total program loss: 3.4 pounds

Bagel's quote of the week:
"Come on, Marquesas. Don't be a wuss."

My loss this week: 0.4 pounds

Total program loss: 5.8 pounds

My quote of the week:
"HGRHAAAGGHHHHEEEEEHHHHHHGGGGG" (Or however you spell the sound you make when you're trying to do one more rep when your muscles stopped wanting to work 5 reps ago)

This week during/after our leg and back routine we took some pictures of our least favorite/most gruelling P90X moves so far. After Bagel took some of me, the camera died, so there's not too many of her. But here's a sample of some of the P90X moves from various workouts:



This is Bagel doing one of her least favorite ab moves: the V Up




This week I managed to do 39 pull ups during the hour workout. If you stick w/ the people in the video, you do over 120. I have a long way to go.




Yoga is supposed to be relaxing, right? Not so much.




Wall squats are bad enough, but when you have to do them on one leg, they're killer.




This move is called a side tri rise. They're not so bad until you've done about 10-12 of them, and then they get a lot harder.




And finally, the diamond pushup. This wouldn't be so bad except it's almost the last push up variation that you do on chest day. So by the time you get to the second round, you've done a LOT of pushups. (BTW...my goal this week was 200 pushups during the workout. I didn't get it, but I did get 195. So close.)

Anyway, I gotta go get yoga-ing. See ya later.

3 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

i lurve you boobie...let's yoga!

Jenn said...

I'm impressed! Joe and I want to do something like this after the baby comes...we shall see! You don't need to lose any more weight though!!

Good job to you both!

Shells said...

drew's face is a scary color in the yoga pic.