5/22/08

It's been a pretty good week...

So, since I last posted things have just been rolling along. A couple of really great things have happened...First, Drew got us health insurance at his work! We'll be joining the ranks of Capital Health Plan...so far we picked a general practitioner...his name is Dr. Vanlandingham...yes, we did pick him solely b/c his name is awesome! (ps, if anyone knows anything about him gimme a heads up). I guess we still have to pick dentists and girly drs. and stuff but we are so excited and blessed! We have waited in a long, discriminating line for these benefits so we're really relieved to finally have them.

Also, I have sold 2 kitchens since i last posted! Woot Woot! Can anyone say "commission!" My job is sometimes super stressful (say that 3 times fast) but it is really great at the same time. I love working with my mama, it's a great way for us to spend time together and we always have some good laughs. Customers can be really funny at times! Plus, I get to help create the heart of someones' home. Kitchens are wonderful gathering places, where meals are prepared for the people you care most about, where the kids come to get refreshed and replenished and it's the first place we all head when we walk thru the door at the end of a long day. It really is an important place. So, yeah, I'm glad to be a part of peoples live in that way...

Also, I went on a girls outing to Cherokee Sink Hole w/Olivia and Shelley on this past Saturday. It felt so good to be back there with two of my oldest friends. Great idea Shells (ps...where is your blog?)

We had a game night with the Carrs too last week which was way fun...let them now be known as the "Crazy Carrs". I haven't laughed that hard in so long! We played this game called Blockus...(not my cup of tea)lol but drew liked it... I prob just didn't like it cuz i was losing...sometimes I can be a poor sport...(one of my better qualities) :) After blockus we played some card games which I LOVE CARDS so that was awesome! Mary Ann shares my zest for speed card games, it will be so nice to have a worthy opponent again!

We did a lot more last week but I really should work since that's where I am...I have the best job ever btw.

6 comments:

Steven & Tiffany Martin said...

I just noticed your super cute dog! Gotta love small ones :)

MA said...

bring on the california speed! that seriously was so much fun playing games with you guys! thanks for making me laugh so hard I cried :) hey, would it be ok if you came and got the flowers friday morning instead of tonight at aerobics?

Valarie said...

Sounds like you have had a fun filled week. I tagged you for a meme on my blog! Have fun!

Stephanie said...

so the doctors name is flippin awesome! i would have been very mad if you guys passed that doctor up (hopefully he is good). yeah so sounds like you week has been going swimmingly, and you sound really sincerly happy with your job. you make the kitchen sound like such a wonderful place.

Jared said...

I think you are the sorest loser I have ever met! ha ha

Olivia said...

oh, you make me smile! :)