3. Something you have to forgive yourself for.
There are many many many ways I could answer this question and I can think of lots of looong stories I could get into here but I think I'm just going to generalize for now and say that I need to forgive myself for not being perfect, for never living up to my own ridiculous expectations and for setting my own dang bar too high for an Olympic medalist to scale. IT'S MY BAR FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!
And when I say forgive myself I mean, realize that the standards I set for me are just that, ridiculous. It's all too easy to look around at everyone elses accomplishments in this, that and the other and think about how we don't measure up isn't it?
So today, in answer to question 3 I am going to write myself a little permission slip.
I MARQUESAS JADE BLIMES hereby grant myself permission to:
1. Not be the best at everything.
2. Screw up daily and laugh about it.
3. Not read enough good books.
4. Eat junk food guilt free.
5. Not make all the calls, write all the letters or return all hte emails I sould.
6. Be the worlds worst crafter.
7. Be crabby sometimes.
8. Not cook organically.
9. Not recycle.
10. Say what I want, when I want, to whomever I want EVERY TIME regardless of their feelings.
11. Use "whomever" totally wrong in a sentence.
12. Say "No."
13. Buy (that's right I said it) my sons birthday cake instead of making it myself.
14. Daydream when I should be cleaning.
15. Go shopping just for me.
16. Feel justified when I think that I have a hard job and it's ok to be completely exhausted at the end of the day.
HAHAHHAHAHHA!!! Watch out a she-beast is on the loose people! Now, I am not saying we shouldnt' try our best all the time. We all know that's the goal and we're all doing just that. The best we can. But sometimes I say, forgive me and let me slack of a little.
What do you give yourself permission to do today?