5/10/10

Five years yours.


We celebrated our 5 year anniversary by going to Harry's (thanks again Jenn!) and writing each other our traditional anniversary letters. I LOVE this tradition! It's so simple and romantic to express love through the written word. I thought I'd share a bit of our letters to mark this special occasion...





"...I love being your wife. I love cooking for you and raising our sweet baby with you. I love that you are so enthusiastic about the things I'm into. You're always so supportive. I can honestly say that I know my happiness is important to you. Maybe more so than your own. Thank you for loving me... - Marquesas"





"...After 5 years I think our marriage is still fairy tale-like. I still love you more than anything. I still miss you when we're not together every second of the day. I still get excited to see you. My heart still skips a beat when you touch me. I still look at you and think "She's the most beautiful person I've ever seen." I think I'll do all of that for the rest of my life... - Drew"

These have been the best five years of my life. Through with all the ups, downs, and upside downs I can honestly say I wouldn't trade one minute of it for anything.

I love you boob!

M

4 comments:

Missy said...

That is such a great tradition. I've met a couple people who have traditions for celebrating but not anything as heartfelt as this. Beautiful to see.

Wonsch Family said...

ahh, so sweet, happy fives years!

Jenn said...

You two are a shining example of what love is...love on:P

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh this is just so sweet! Great pictures too! Oh and I love the idea of writing letters to each other for your anniversary!!