1/14/09

All my love



Dear Mr. Blimes,

Thank you for being you. Thank you for creating this beautiful child with me and for the wonderful presence you were during his entrance into the world. You talked and laughed with me, you snuggled and kissed me and made me feel like a princess. I love that we shared my labor bed thru most of our induction. I love that we listened to the CD of songs that you wrote for me so long ago. Those songs got me thru so many hard nights while you were away on your mission. I love the way you touched my face and looked into my eyes in the middle of the night in that hospital and told me all about how much you loved me and how proud you were of me. I love the blessing you gave me and the tears that fell on my head as you prayed over me and your infant son. You helped me trust that everything would be ok, and just like always, you were right. I feel so blessed to have you as my best friend. I love to begin and end each day with kisses and "I love you's." I love watching Wheel and Jeopardy with you. I love going to Wal-mart with you. I love plotting little surprises for you (and getting little surprises from you!). I love eating junk food with you. I love the way we are together, it's easy and happy. Thank you so much for the life we have. If I had it to do all over I wouldn't change one moment.

I love you forever,

M

4 comments:

Bill Blimes said...

This is one of the best blogs I have read. You two are so good together. Hope you still feel the same way after 42 years like Bill and I do.

Jennifer said...

dang that was good!

Olivia said...

:) there's nothing that can get a hubby brownie points like being a sweetie during labor! Seriously, I love you guys and the love I see in your family. I couldn't imagine a better husband for you than Drew, and I'm so glad you guys found each other.

Jenn said...

Sweet...:P

(still looking for a car by the way...)